A super easy pizza dough recipe that rivals even the best Italian restaurants! After plenty of experimenting I have put together this super simple pizza dough recipe for you to enjoy.
- 3 tsp yeast
- 330g lukewarm water (10.5 oz)
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 2.5 tsp table salt
- 450g strong bread flour or 00-tipo pizza flour (14 oz)
- 50g fine semolina (3.5 oz)
- Preheat your oven to its maximum temperature or 260C/500F on the fan setting. Place your pizza stone in the oven, if you have one.
- In a bowl mix the lukewarm water and the sugar using a fork or a whisk. Add the yeast and stir till its fully dissolved. Let it rest for about 10 minutes or until it just starts to froth.
- In your bread maker bowl or your stand mixer bowl add the flour, the semolina and the salt. Stir with a fresh spoon till the ingredients are combined.
- Add the olive oil and the yeast, water and sugar mixture in the mixer bowl or bread maker bowl.
- If you are using a bread maker, set it to the pizza programme. It should last for 45 minutes and have kneaded the dough twice and prooved it. The pizza dough should be ready to use once the programme is done.
- If you are using a stand mixer, install your dough hook and turn it on at slow speed till the ingredients combine. Then turn up the speed to about a third and let it knead the dough for 5 minutes. If the dough is too firm add two tablespoons of water. Continue kneading for another 10 minutes. The dough should be slightly sticky and have separated from the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the hook and let it proof in the stand mixer for 15 minutes.
- Reinstall the hook and knead it for a further 10 minutes on 1/3 speed. Once done remove the dough from the hook, shape it in large ball and cover it with a splash of olive oil. Place it back in the bowl and cover it with cling film. Let the dough proove for another 20 minutes. The dough should have proved by about 1/3 of its size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl or your bread maker.
- Shape it into two round balls with the palm of your hands. Sprinkle some semolina on your kitchen counter and push the dough in the centre with your palm. Spread it out using your palm, lifting the dough from the counter and flipping it over every other time. Take care to leave a thicker crust on the outside of your pizza to get that wonderfully raised crust when baking.
- If you are using a pizza crisper tray place the dough on it and season with your favourite tomato sauce and toppings. If you’re using a pizza stone place the dough on some parchment paper and season with your sauce and toppings. Take the pizza stone out from the oven and put the edge of your pizza on it, gently unrolling the parchment paper underneath till its fully on the stone.
- Place in the oven and let it cook for approximately 20 minutes or till the edges have browned.
- Serving Size: 1/2 pizza
- Calories: 448 kcal
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 935.6mg
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 77.9g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Italian pizza, pizza dough, homemade pizza dough, easy pizza dough