Greek baked bifteki (beef patties) with lemon potatoes! A staple dish in every Greek household! Juicy, well seasoned minced beef, infused with the flavours of parsley, garlic, onions and oregano, paired with lemon roast potatoes.
For the beef patties
- 1kg minced beef (35 ounces)
- 1 ripe tomato, grated
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsps salt
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground pepper
For the potatoes
- 1 kg potatoes, cut in wedges (or baby potatoes)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml water
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- To prepare this Greek beef bifteki (patties) recipe, add in a large bowl the minced beef along with the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly with your hands. If the mixture is too sticky add some more breadcrumbs (or some water if it is to dry), till the mix is solid. If you have the time, it is better to knead the mixture for about 10 minutes, until all the ingredients combine.
- When done, put the mixture for the burgers (bifteki) in the fridge to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Form the mixture in flat round burgers.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F).
- If using large potatoes, cut the potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the potatoes and whisk to combine. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes and the marinade to a 30×40 cm roasting pan. Spread them out in the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are partly cooked, place the patties over them. Bake covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Keywords: greek burger, greek bifteki, bifteki, greek burger with lemon potatoes, bifteki with potatoes, burger with potatoes, greek burger with potatoes