There’s nothing better than a well cooked burger! Try our healthy, tasty take on this popular dish that will bring the taste of the Aegean to your plate! And if you love it with some lemon roast potatoes, why not try my delicious Greek Bifteki (Baked beef patties) with lemon potatoes!
Greek style beef burgers
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 patties 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Greek
There’s nothing better than a well cooked burger! Try our tasty take with this popular Greek style beef burgers recipe that will bring the taste of the Aegean to your plate!
- 500g lean minced beef (18 ounces)
- 1 tomato
- 1 egg
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 of cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Grate the onion, garlic and tomato in a mixing bowl. Add the oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, egg and mix using a whisk.
- Add the minced beef and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly using your hands. If the mixture is too sticky add some more breadcrumbs till the mix is solid. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Leave the mixture in the fridge to rest for 10-15 minutes, while the oven is heating to temperature.
- Knead the mixture in flat round hamburgers. Pre-heat some olive oil or rapeseed oil (for crispier results) in a pan and shallow fry for 1 minute on each side to lock in the flavours.
- Place the burgers on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Once ready, remove tray from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with some basmati rice, chips or leafy salad. Enjoy!
Keywords: greek beef burgers, greek hamburger recipe, greek style burger
These burgers are delicious, my absolute favourite now.
Delicious burgers! Definitely has that authentic Greek tasting flavour to it. My only change is I would oven bake for maybe 5 less minutes as it was a tiny bit on the drier side but that is down to personal preference. Still tasted good and so filling!