This is how you will make the authentic Greek frappe coffee as served at the best Cafés! A recipe to master the art of Greek frappe!
- 2–3 tsp instant coffee (Nescafe) to taste as below
- sugar to taste as below
- milk to taste as below
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 glassful of cold water (250ml / 8.5 fl oz)
- drinking straw
- frappe mixer
Exact amount of Ingredients according to each coffee
- “Sketos”: 1-2 tsps of instant coffee and cold water.
- “Metrios” : 1-2 tsps of instant coffee, 1-2 tsps of sugar (equal amount of coffee and sugar)
- “Glykos” : 1-2 tsps of instant coffee, 2-4 tsps of sugar (double the amount of sugar than coffee)
- “Me gala” : 1 tbsp evaporated milk (the amount of milk can vary according to preference)
- To prepare this Greek frappe coffee recipe, first of all get a tall glass, a teaspoon and an electric whizzer.
- Then add the instant coffee (Nescafe), sugar and about 2-3 tbsp’s of cold water. You want just enough to cover the coffee and then add one tbsp more.
- Whiz the mixture until a thick, creamy foam is produced.
- Pour the mixture into the serving glass.
- Then add 3 ice cubes and the evaporated milk if you like.
- Fill up the glass with cold water and serve with a drinking straw.
*The exact proportions of the ingredients vary according to preferance. See also above for the recommended proportions of the ingredients.
Keywords: greek frappe recipe, greek coffee, how to make greek iced coffee