Greek almond cookies recipe (amygdalota) with only three ingredients, 5 minutes prep making 30 amazing cookies! You just can’t go wrong with this recipe! ‘Ergolavi’ (Greek almond cookies) is a beloved traditional treat – the Greek version of macaroon, only much easier. Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle with an incredible almond-y flavour.. Enjoy this amazing Greek almond cookies recipe (amigdalota) over a hot cup of coffee and a full spoon of your favorite jam!
A traditional Greek version of the macaroon. This Greek almond cookies recipe (ergolavi) takes 5 minutes to prepare, 3 ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes!
- 250g sugar (8.8 ounces)
- 250g whole almonds, blanched or almond slivers (8.8 ounces), plus some extra for garnish
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- To prepare these super easy Greek almond biscuits, add the raw almonds and sugar in a food processor and blend until powdered. Add the egg whites (and the vanilla extract) and pulse, until the ingredients combine, forming a firm paste.
- Layer the bottom of 2 baking trays with parchment paper and form the cookies. Take approx. 1 1/2 tsp of the paste and place on the baking tray; repeat with the rest. Garnish with whole almonds or almond silvers and wait for a while for the dough to spread on the tray. If you like, shape the cookies using a pastry bag.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 17-20 minutes, until light golden. Be careful not to over bake them. Enjoy hot from the oven with a full-spoon of your favorite jam!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90kcal
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Sodium: 12.8mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 18.6mg
Keywords: Greek Almond cookies, Ergolavi recipe, Greek Macaroons