Very tasty and very easy to make! A traditional Greek recipe, with a twist!
A super easy Greek roast chicken recipe (kotopoulo sto fourno) for a hearty meal! Take your roast chicken to the next level with this Greek recipe with a twist!
- 1 medium sized chicken
- 1kg potatoes, cut into wedges (35 ounces)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- a knob butter
- 3/4 of a can beer
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Into a bowl, add 1 tbsp of salt and pepper, the garlic powder, the onion powder, 1/2tbsp oregano and a knob of butter and mix with your hands. Stuff the mixture under the skin of the chicken and place into a large pan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Use a knife to peel and cut the potatoes into wedges; add the potatoes into the pan.
- In a large bowl, pour the beer, add the mustard, honey, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. With a spoon, mix the ingredients and pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes. Season with some extra salt and pepper, if you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 75-90 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken), until the potatoes are tender and the chicken golden brown. Half time through cooking, turn the chicken upside down. Enjoy!
Keywords: kotopoulo sto fourno, greek roast chicken