For all the chocolate lovers..A mouthwatering all-weather Greek chocolate and biscuits dessert (Mosaiko)! Soft, creamy and with a crunchy bite.. And best of all? Ready in 10 minutes!
- 250g unsalted butter, melted (9 ounces)
- 200g icing sugar (7 ounces)
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 eggs extra fresh, free range eggs (separated into whites and yolks)
- 2 tbsps cognac or orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Petit beurre, crushed (11 ounces)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- To prepare the mosaiko, separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Add the egg whites, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar in the mixer’s bowl. Make sure your egg whites, bowl and whisk attachments are clean and free of any water. Whisk the egg whites until white and foamy. Add 35g icing sugar and whisk until the mixture is very thick and glossy and a long trailing peak forms when the whisk is lifted (meringues). You can use either pasteurised eggs or pasteurise them before using them.
- In the meantime melt the butter. Pour the melted butter into a large bowl, add the icing sugar, the cocoa powder, the vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Add the egg yolks and whisk. Add the meringues and blend with light circular movements. At the end add the crushed biscuits and mix.
- Layer a rectangular baking cake tin with some plastic wrap and pour in the mixture. Place in the fridge or the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Turn the form upside down onto a platter; remove the plastic wrap and serve the mosaiko in slices with some vanilla ice cream. Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 374kcal
- Sugar: 22.6g
- Sodium: 538.9mg
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
Keywords: Mosaiko recipe, Greek Chocolate Dessert