A summery and tasty mussels saganaki recipe! Midia saganaki (fried mussels) is one of the most popular appetizers served in a Greek Psarotaverna (fish tavern) and with good reason! Discover how to make your own Mussels saganaki with this traditional recipe, in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 1/2 kg mussels, washed (50 ounces)
- 1 glass white wine (dry)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring of celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 100g/3.5 ounces feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all the vegetables, apart from the tomatoes, into a blender, until finely chopped.
- Heat a large saucepan into high heat and add the olive oil. Pour in the vegetable mixture and sauté.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them into the pan along with the mussels and the feta cheese (crushed).
- Pour in the white wine and cook at high heat, with the lid on, for 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: mussels saganaki, saganaki mussels, midia saganaki