If you have ever been to Greece you can’t have missed out on this delicious Greek appetizer, served in every Psarotaverna (fish tavern)! This is a very easy Mussels saganaki recipe for you to recreate this simple and beloved traditional Greek appetizer, in less than 20 minutes!
‘Saganaki‘ refers to various Greek appetizers, which are prepared in a small, two handled heavy bottomed frying pan, itself called a saganaki or sagani. The most common traditional Greek recipes cooked in a saganaki pan include cheese saganaki and shrimp saganaki.
Serve this delicious Greek mussels saganaki recipe as a great starter with lots of bread to dig in all that amazing sauce. Enjoy over a glass of dry white wine!Print
A summery and tasty mussels saganaki recipe! Midia saganaki (fried mussels) is one of the most popular appetizers served in a Greek Psarotaverna (fish tavern) and with good reason! Discover how to make your own Mussels saganaki with this traditional recipe, in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 1/2 kg mussels, washed (50 ounces)
- 1 glass white wine (dry)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring of celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 100g/3.5 ounces feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all the vegetables, apart from the tomatoes, into a blender, until finely chopped.
- Heat a large saucepan into high heat and add the olive oil. Pour in the vegetable mixture and sauté.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them into the pan along with the mussels and the feta cheese (crushed).
- Pour in the white wine and cook at high heat, with the lid on, for 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: mussels saganaki, saganaki mussels, midia saganaki