The most delicious easy lunch recipe! We all know that a hearty lunch is the best way to keep your energy up and avoid late afternoon cravings. But its not always practical to cook during the day, especially with the kids running around the house! We have been researching and have found the perfect easy lunch recipe just for you. It is called tigania and it’s guaranteed to delight you with its fantastic flavor and color! Tigania is a Greek dish that combines some juicy pork and spicy good-quality sausages and takes it’s name by the pan that is cooked in, which is called tigani. This dish will become one of your favorite easy lunch recipes!
The most delicious easy lunch recipe! Keep your energy up and avoid late afternoon cravings with this Greek pan pried pork and sausage dish (Tigania)!
- 1 kg pork (35 ounces)
- 200g sausages, sliced (7 ounces)
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 glass of tsipouro (Greek drink)
- 2 peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To prepare this easy lunch recipe, start by washing the pork thoroughly. Heat a large frying pan at high heat, pour in the olive oil and add the sausages and the pork. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until nicely coloured on all sides. Add the peppers and onions, and sauté for 3-4 more minutes. Pour in the tsipouro and season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika.
- Into a bowl add a cup of water and 1 tbsp mustard and blend. Add the water into the pan and stir. Cook until most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add the wine, a good pinch of oregano and simmer with the lid on at medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until most of the juices have evaporated.
- Serve with some pita breads and potato chips and enjoy one of the most delicious Greek easy lunch recipes.
- Reminder! Make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go for this fast and easy recipe. It will shave valuable time off your cooking and save you a lot of stress!
Keywords: tigania recipe, greek pan fried pork