In a hurry? This awesome Strapatsada dish from Peloponnese is made in only 20 minutes and using four ingredients, perfect for a quick, light meal!
If you’re like eggs, check also out my favourite Greek omelette recipe with feta cheese, tomatoes and black olives.
Looking for a traditional Kagiana (tomato and feta egg scramble) recipe? Discover this original strapatsada recipe, made in only 20 minutes and using four ingredients, perfect for a quick, light meal!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1kg ripped tomatoes, grated
- 4–5 tbsps olive oil
- a pinch of sugar
- 100–150g/ 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Into a large saucepan, add the olive oil and place on high heat. When the olive oil heats up, add the grated tomatoes, a pinch of sugar,season with salt and pepper and stir. In case you use feta cheese, be careful with the salt. As soon as the tomato sauce comes to the boil, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes, until most of the juices have evaporated.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and stir with a wooden spoon, so that the ingredients combine. Cook until the eggs are cooked. Feel free to add any kind of herbs you wish, like oregano, basil, mint or fresh dill.
- Top with the feta cheese and serve, while still warm, with some crusted bread aside.
Keywords: eggs kagiana, strapatsada recipe, greek tomato egg dish