Spice things up with this creamy and tangy flavored Greek feta cheese dip (tirokafteri)! Best served with some crusted bread or warm pitas as the ideal dip!
- 300g feta cheese (3.5 ounces)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red vine vinegar
- 150ml full fat milk
- 2 red chillies (or more according to preference)
- To prepare this amazing feta cheese dip (tyrokafterh), remove the stem and seeds from the pepper, and chop it finely. (If you have some extra time, roast or slightly fry the pepper before chopping)
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes and place in a bowl, add the chopped pepper and begin mixing in a blender or stand mixer (food processor). Gradually add the vinegar and olive oil, whilst mixing at medium speed.
- Pour in the milk until the feta cheese dip has a silky smooth, creamy consistency. Pour in a little at a time and mix until the cheese dip is smooth.
- If you prefer the dip to be a bit more spicy you can add a couple of teaspoons of cayenne pepper to taste. The milk and cheese require quite a lot of chillies to turn spicy as the milk neutralises the spiciness in the chillies so don’t be afraid to add more if you want to.
- Alternatively if you prefer your dip to be creamy and mild don’t add any chillies. If you want the sauce to be even creamier try adding a few tablespoons of yoghurt. This will make it even smoother than the milk!
- Pour the feta cheese dip (tyrokafteri) in a medium bowl and garnish with some chopped chillies and a couple of olives.
- Store the feta cheese dip covered in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Keywords: tirokafteri, feta cheese dip, Greek cheese dip recipe