Juicy and tender and super easy! This is a delicious Greek lemon chicken roast recipe (kotopoulo lemonato) garnished with extra crispy potatoes!
For Greek lemon Chicken
- 1 chicken (1.1kg), cut into 8 portions (40 ounces)
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 3 medium lemons
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4–5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 100g feta cheese, cut into small cubes (4 ounces)
- 1kg potatoes, cut into wedges (35 ounces)
- To prepare this Greek lemon chicken recipe, divide the chicken into 8 portions and wash thoroughly. Peel the garlic and rub on the chicken. Place on a large baking tray and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them between the chicken. Pour in some water, enough to cover half the chicken and add the lemon juice, the white wine vinegar, the olive oil, the chopped garlic and the peppercorns. Season with salt and pepper and add a good pinch of oregano. (Tip: sprinkle the potatoes with 1 tsp semolina for crispier results)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven 180C / 350F for 60-75 minutes in total. 50 minutes into the bake remove the aluminum foil and top the chicken with some feta cheese. Bake for another 15-20 minutes (the remaining time), until your Greek lemon chicken is nicely coloured and crispy on the outside.
- This Greek lemon chicken is ideally served with a refreshing Greek feta salad and lots of sourdough bread aside to dig into all the delicious sauce!!
Keywords: kotopoulo lemonato, chicken lemonato recipe, Greek lemon chicken