Less is more! A delicious, traditional Greek baked feta recipe (or feta bouyiourdi) made with only four ingredients and in less than 20 minutes! Baked feta or feta bouyiourdi is a very easy and simple to make Greek appetizer. But it’s simplicity of preparation and presentation, which is part of the Greek cuisine, takes nothing out of it’s exquisite taste.. So, if you like me just love feta cheese, this super easy Greek baked feta recipe is the best way to use some leftover feta cheese and make a delicious brand new dish! (For more feta cheese recipe ideas Click here>>).
Feta bouyiourdi (Greek baked feta) recipe – A classic Greek delicacy!
The main ingredient you will need to make this Greek baked feta recipe is of course feta cheese which is a favourite ingredient in all types of Greek recipes, be it fried, baked or used for stuffing until nicely softened and slightly melty. Yum! For the topping use the ripest and juiciest tomatoes you can find, some sliced red onions and spice it up a notch with some hot chilly peppers. A good quality mature Greek feta cheese gives this traditional bouyiourdi (baked feta) recipe a bold and salty flavour. The key to this Greek dish is to bake everything wrapped in aluminium foil nice and slowly, until all of the flavours have been released and the baked feta is simmering in all the delicious juices, until softened.
Feta bouyiourdi (baked feta) is ideally served with some sourdough crusty bread to mop up every last drop of all the delicious juices! Enjoy! (This traditional Greek baked feta appetizer is very easy to make and easier to disappear, so if you are expecting a big crowd make sure to multiply the ingredients!). Oh and you can always read this delicious recipe in Greek here Φέτα μπουγιουρντί συνταγή.
Less is more! Made with only four ingredients, this Greek baked feta recipe (feta bouyiourdi) is a very simple and delicious appetizer that will amaze you!
- a block of feta cheese (100 g/ 3.5 ounces)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 hot chili pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- To prepare this delicious Greek baked feta recipe, start by preparing the vegetables. Slice the onion and pepper into rings or half rings and chop the tomato into small cubes. (Use the ripest tomato you can find.)
- Place the block of feta on some aluminum foil and top with the tomato, onion and pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Wrap the feta cheese with the aluminum foil and place on a baking tray. (Make sure that the aluminium foil isn’t torn, to keep the juices inside).
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C until the vegetables have softened, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the baked feta as it is (with the aluminium foil), with some crusted bread aside. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 219kcal
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 463.8mg
- Fat: 17.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 44.5mg
Keywords: Bouyiourdi recipe, Greek Baked Feta Saganaki, Spicy Baked Feta recipe