There’s nothing better than a well cooked burger! Try our tasty take with this popular Greek style beef burgers recipe that will bring the taste of the Aegean to your plate!
- 500g lean minced beef (18 ounces)
- 1 tomato
- 1 egg
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 of cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Grate the onion, garlic and tomato in a mixing bowl. Add the oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, egg and mix using a whisk.
- Add the minced beef and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly using your hands. If the mixture is too sticky add some more breadcrumbs till the mix is solid. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Leave the mixture in the fridge to rest for 10-15 minutes, while the oven is heating to temperature.
- Knead the mixture in flat round hamburgers. Pre-heat some olive oil or rapeseed oil (for crispier results) in a pan and shallow fry for 1 minute on each side to lock in the flavours.
- Place the burgers on a large baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Once ready, remove tray from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with some basmati rice, chips or leafy salad. Enjoy!
Keywords: greek beef burgers, greek hamburger recipe, greek style burger