The perfect Greek style roast pork recipe ready in 3 steps and only 10 minutes prep! Amazingly tender pork leg, covered in a delicious honey-mustard based sauce infused with the aromas and blends of oranges, lemons, fresh rosemary and thyme! And the smell.. Pure bliss!
- 1.2–1.3 kg pork leg (45 ounces)
- 1.2 kg/ 8 medium potatoes, cut into wedges (53 ounces)
- juice of 3 oranges
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsps mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- some fresh rosemary
- some fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To prepare this delicious roast pork, rub the pork well with salt and place on large baking. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges and place in the pan.
- Into a large bowl, add the orange juice, the lemon juice, the mustard, honey and olive oil and blend with a wooden spoon, until the ingredients are combined (for your convenience heat up the honey into a microwave, until liquid and easier to work with). Pour the mixture over the pork and the potatoes. Add one whole clove of garlic and sprinkle the pork with some fresh rosemary. Season the potatoes and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake uncovered for approx. 15-20 minutes in preheated oven at 220C, until nicely coloured. Remove the pork from the oven, cover with aluminium foil and lower the heat to 180C. Bake for 1 more hour (add half a glass of hot water, if the pan appears to be getting dry). Enjoy!
Keywords: greek roast pork, honey roast pork crackling, pork leg recipe