The perfect way to cook roast pork! Amazingly juicy and tender, covered in a delicious slightly sweet honey-mustard based sauce with the aromas and blends of oranges, lemons, fresh rosemary and thyme.. And the smell..pure bliss! Ready in 3 steps and only 10 minutes prep, this roast pork will definitely become your favourite dish for a cozy Sunday family meal.
Roast pork – Tips for the perfect roast
Perfectly moist and crispy succulent roast pork.. nothing better than a perfectly cooked roast for a large family dinner! We all want to make the perfect roast to impress our friends and family. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of this seriously good looking piece of meat!
When roasting a pork leg, you could either go with a boneless no skin piece or with a bone in skin-on leg of pork.
If you like some seriously crackling roast pork then you should go with skin on. In this case prepare your pork by scoring the skin of the leg in cross parallel lines, about 2 cm apart. Cut all the way through the skin, without poking the meat. Rub your pork well with salt, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and bake in preheated oven at 220C for 20 minutes to get it all nicely coloured. Then reduce heat to 180C and bake for another 25 minutes for every 500g of pork.
If you go with the no skin roast pork, then make sure to bast the leg with the sauce every 30 minutes of cooking time to help it remain juicy.
How to cook the potatoes for Roast pork?
Serve your roast pork with delicious roast potatoes. In Greece when preparing a roast it is almost a rule to add the potatoes in the same pan with the roast pork, so that they get all the juices and aromas from the meat.
The main drawback is that the potatoes are not that crispy as when baked on their own. So it’s up to you to decide if you want to sacrifice a little crispiness for extra flavour. (If you choose to roast your potatoes on their own then try these extra delicious crispy Greek lemon potatoes). Enjoy!Print
Greek style Roast Pork with Honey Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 80 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 portions 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Greek
The perfect Greek style roast pork recipe ready in 3 steps and only 10 minutes prep! Amazingly tender pork leg, covered in a delicious honey-mustard based sauce infused with the aromas and blends of oranges, lemons, fresh rosemary and thyme! And the smell.. Pure bliss!
- 1.2–1.3 kg pork leg (45 ounces)
- 1.2 kg/ 8 medium potatoes, cut into wedges (53 ounces)
- juice of 3 oranges
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsps mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- some fresh rosemary
- some fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To prepare this delicious roast pork, rub the pork well with salt and place on large baking. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges and place in the pan.
- Into a large bowl, add the orange juice, the lemon juice, the mustard, honey and olive oil and blend with a wooden spoon, until the ingredients are combined (for your convenience heat up the honey into a microwave, until liquid and easier to work with). Pour the mixture over the pork and the potatoes. Add one whole clove of garlic and sprinkle the pork with some fresh rosemary. Season the potatoes and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake uncovered for approx. 15-20 minutes in preheated oven at 220C, until nicely coloured. Remove the pork from the oven, cover with aluminium foil and lower the heat to 180C. Bake for 1 more hour (add half a glass of hot water, if the pan appears to be getting dry). Enjoy!
Keywords: greek roast pork, honey roast pork crackling, pork leg recipe
What is a pork leg? is it a green ham or a pork roast?