The juiciest, extra tender stuffed pork tenderloin with an amazingly creamy wine sauce! This is the perfect roast dinner for a hearty Sunday family meal. Spice it up using some spicy feta cheese or even some red chili peppers. Serve with some fluffy rice and enjoy!
The most juicy and tender stuffed pork tenderloin with an amazingly creamy wine sauce! Spice it up using some spicy feta cheese or even some red chili peppers.
- 800g tenderloin (2-3 tenderloins/ 28 ounces)
- 150g feta cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps butter
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 200ml milk cream (3/4 of a cup)
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To prepare the stuffed pork tenderloin, slice the tenderloin open lengthwise in half, being careful not to slice all the way down. Place one of the tenderloin between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin, to thin and flatten the tenderloin, until 1-1/2 cm thick. Repeat the same process with the rest tenderloins.
- Prepare the filling for the stuffed pork tenderloins. Finely chop the pepper, the garlic and parsley. Use a fork to smash the feta cheese and leave aside. Place the tenderloins on the board and top them with feta cheese, pepper, parsley and garlic. Add a pinch of dried oregano and season with pepper.
- Roll tightly the stuffed pork tenderloins lengthwise and use some kitchen string to tie the whole thing together (3-4 strings for each tenderloin). Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Heat a pan over high heat. Use a pan that can also be used in an oven. Add 2 tbsps of butter and 3 tbsps olive oil. Sear the tenderloin on all sides, until nicely colored.
- Remove the pan from the stove, season with salt and pepper, add a knob of butter and place into the preheated oven. Cook for approx. 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the stuffed pork tenderloins on a platter, cover with some aluminum foil and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the sauce. Place the pan with all the juices back on the stove on high heat and add 1/2 glass of white wine. Use a wooden spoon to scratch from the bottom of the pan all the delicacies. Wait until half of the wine evaporates and then add the cream. Stir using a spoon and turn the heat down. Let it simmer for 3 minutes, stirring once in a while, to prevent it from forming a crust.
- Unwrap the tenderloins and with a sharp knife cut and remove the kitchen strings. Slice the stuffed pork tenderloins into pieces and pour over the white wine sauce. Serve with some fluffy rice and enjoy!
Keywords: feta stuffed pork tenderloin, greek stuffed pork tenderloin, pork with feta cheese