The most delicious traditional Greek feta cheese rolls! Buttery filo stuffed with an amazing combination of feta, green peppers, oregano, dill and your yellow cheese of choice and baked to perfection… These traditional Greek feta cheese rolls are the perfect appetiser or side dish for a hearty family meal. And remember, make a few extra! Your loved ones will be coming back for more…
Phyllo-dough Rolls with Feta Cheese and Peppers Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Greek
Discover this amazing phyllo and feta cheese rolls recipe, perfect as an appetiser or side dish for a hearty family meal! And remember, make a few extra! Your loved ones will be coming back for more!
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 200g feta cheese (7 ounces)
- 100g graviera or kefalotyri, or any hard yellow cheese (3.5 ounces)
- 1 long green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- a pinch of dry oregano
- 120g melted butter (4–5 ounces)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Crush the feta cheese with your hands, into a large bowl and add the grated cheese, the chopped pepper, the egg, the mayonnaise, the oregano and the fresh dill . Mix well with a spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven at 180C and start preparing the rolls.
- Spread one sheet of the phyllo dough on the kitchen counter and with a cooking brush drizzle with some melted butter. Spread one more sheet on top and drizzle with some more butter.
- Cut the sheets into three lanes. At the end of each lane add one tablespoon of the filling.
- Wrap each lane into rolls, by folding the edges inwards.
- Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the phyllo sheets and filling.
- Oil the bottom of a large baking tray, place the rolls and butter them with some melted butter on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes, until golden and crispy. Enjoy!
- You can make as many rolls as you like and store them in the freezer (before baking them).
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 248kcal
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 396.5mg
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 69.3mg
Keywords: phyllo and feta cheese rolls, cheese roll, greek cheese pie
This is all I want for Christmas…………………..ooooooooooooooooooooo plz!
Indeed its amazing, isn’t it 🙂