Get the party started with these amazing Greek-style fried cheese ball recipe! Melty on the inside and with a wonderful golden brown crust on the outside! Have a bite and let the juices flow in your mouth.
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled (3.5 ounces)
- 130g gouda, grated (4.5 ounces)
- 100g Mature Cheddar cheese, Regato or Graviera (3.5 ounces)
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 40g self raising flour (1.5 ounces)
- a splash of milk
- freshly ground pepper
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- vegetable oil for frying
- To prepare these delicious fried cheese ball recipe, add all the ingredients into a medium bowl, season well with freshly ground pepper and blend to combine.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 45 minutes. This will help the mixture for the cheese balls to firm up a bit and make it easier to roll into balls.
- Form the mixture into little cheese balls (this mixture is enough for 14-15 cheese balls) and dredge in some flour shaking off any excess.
- Fry the cheese balls in a non-sticking pan with plenty of oil, until nicely colored. Place the fried cheese balls on some kitchen paper to absorb the extra oil. (Tips: Heat the oil until very hot and fry them in batches. If the surface of the pan is overcrowded then the temperature of the oil will decrease and your cheese balls will not be crispy any more!)
- Serve the cheese balls while still hot with a squeeze of a lemon. Enjoy!
Keywords: fried cheese balls recipe, how to make cheese balls, Greek cheese balls, tirokroketes