A super easy Greek cheese appetizer (Feta me meli)! An extraordinary combination of spicy feta cheese, crispy phyllo and honey sauce, that will amaze you!
- 4 blocks of feta cheese (5x5x1cm), approx. 350g/ 12 ounces
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 4 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water
- olive oil for frying
- To prepare this feta cheese appetizer, start by drying the feta with some kitchen paper. Use a knife to cut one phyllo sheet in the middle and brush with olive oil.
- Place the 2 halves of phyllo one on top of each other and in the middle place one block of feta cheese.
- Wrap the block of feta with the phyllo pastry, folding the edges over to form an “envelope” with your feta inside it. Continue with the rest of your feta blocks.
- Warm up your frying pan heat on high heat. Add a good glug of olive oil, enough to cover half of your feta and phyllo blocks.
- Fry your filo wrapped feta on both sides, until golden and crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove from the pan and let them rest on some kitchen paper.
- Heat up a small pan, add the the honey, the red wine vinegar, the water, stir and bring it to a boil.
- Drizzle the feta envelopes with the honey sauce and sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Serve while still hot and enjoy one of the most delicious traditional Greek feta cheese appetizers!
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 272kcal
- Sugar: 13.9g
- Sodium: 597.2mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 51.9mg
Keywords: Feta in filo pastry with honey, Feta me Meli recipe