Looking for an authentic Saganaki recipe? Try out this super easy Greek Saganaki cheese recipe, made with only two ingredients and ready in less than 10′!
- 110g cheese (Graviera). Alternatively you can use kefalograviera, kasseri, kefalotyri or as a worst case Pecorino Sardo
- 50g flour, for dredging (1–2 ounces)
- oil for frying
- 1/2 lemon
- To prepare this saganaki recipe, slice a large block of cheese (or some smaller if you prefer), approx. 10*7cm and 1,5 cm thick. If you cut the cheese thinner, the saganaki will melt into the pan.
- Place the cheese under running water and then dredge into the flour, shaking off the excess flour. This will help the saganaki form a nice golden crust and to hold its shape when fried.
- Into a small heavy-bottomed pan add some oil. As soon as the oil heats, add the cheese and fry for a few minutes on both sides, flipping the saganaki carefully with a spatula, until nicely colored.
- Prepare this delicious Greek cheese saganaki recipe and serve, while still smoking hot as a delicious meze with a last minute squeeze of a lemon. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 people
- Calories: 379kcal
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 933.3mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Cholesterol: 39.6mg
Keywords: greek fried cheese, saganaki cheese, how to make saganaki, kefalograviera saganaki, pan fried greek cheese