A traditional Greek lemon beef stew recipe (Moschari lemonato) that surely brings back childhood memories. It’s simple preparation and presentation takes nothing out of it’s exquisite taste.
- 1–1.2 kg (35 oz.) stewing beef
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1/2 a cup olive oil
- 1/2 a cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsps fresh thyme (optional)
- To prepare this Greek lamb stew recipe (Moschari lemonato), start by cutting the beef into chunks. Wipe the meat with paper towels. Heat 1/2 of a cup of olive oil into a pan, add the beef and sauté (high heat), until the meat is browned and crusty on all sides. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour in the wine and wait to evaporate. Add the lemon juice, the oregano and enough hot water just to cover the meat. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Turn the heat down and simmer with the lid on for at least 1-1.5 hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, basmati rice or french fries. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 398kal
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 522.9mg
- Fat: 25.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 36.7g
- Cholesterol: 109.1mg
Keywords: Greek Lemon beef stew, Moschari lemonato recipe