A super easy recipe for an amazing no knead bread! It requires no special equipment, mixer or technique. You will only need a wooden spoon and your love!
- 1 kg bread flour (35 oz.)
- 8g active dry yeast (0.3 oz)
- 650ml lukewarm water (22 oz.)
- 2 tsps sugar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- In large basin add the yeast, water and sugar and mix to dissolve. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl add the flour, salt and olive oil.
- Mix the dough using a wooden spoon for 4-5 minutes until the mixture is combined. You should have a very sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 12-15 hours.
- Flour a large working surface and your hands and place the dough on the surface. Gently deflate the dough and cut in half. Knead the dough a little bit with your hands and form two round loafs. Place the two breads in a casserole dish and score the top of the bread with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the casserole (with the lid on) in preheated oven at 210C for 45 minutes and then remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 197kcal
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: No knead bread recipe