Get into the holiday spirit with this deliciously fragrant Greek Style red mulled wine! This unique recipe based on the centuries old Greek mulled wine traditions, where heat and spices were used to salvage old wine once the summer’s harvest went bad.
- 1 bottle (750ml) semi-sweet red wine
- 5 tbsps honey
- 2 cinammon sticks
- 4–5 whole cloves
- peel of 1 orange (optional)
- To prepare this Greek mulled wine recipe (krasomelo) pour the wine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the wine starts to get frothy, turn the heat down to low and add the rest of the ingredients. Let the wine simmer, whilst stirring, for about 10 minutes, until the honey melts and the flavors combine.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for a while.
- Strain and serve in shot glasses. Enjoy!
Keywords: Greek Wine, Oinomelo, Krasomelo recipe