These lovely homemade burger buns will definitely become the talk of your next barbecue! If your hot and juicy hamburger needs a fluffy, soft and crispy companion, you have just found it!
They may take some time to prepare but most of it is spent waiting the dough to rise. All you have to do is just to put all the ingredients together, mix and you are done! Give them a try and you will realise that there are no homemade burgers without homemade burger buns!
These lovely homemade burger buns will definitely become the talk of your next meal! Whether you serve them with some butter, dip them in olive oil or as part of the perfect burger, this super simple recipe will always deliver amazing results!
- 570g all-purpose flour (20 ounces)
- 25g fresh yeast (0.8 ounces)
- 100ml olive oil (1/3 of a cup and 1 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 350–380ml lukewarm water (1 1/2 cups)
- 2–3 tbsps sesame seeds (optional, but recommended for a lovely nutty crunch)
- To prepare these amazingly fluffy homemade burger buns start by adding the flour into a large bowl. Using your hands make a dimple in the middle and add in the salt, sugar and olive oil.
- Using your hands, dissolve the yeast into half a cup of lukewarm water and pour into the flour mixture.
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients by hand, mixer, or bread machine, whilst adding gradually the rest of the lukewarm water, until the dough is soft and smooth. If the dough is too sticky add a little bit more flour.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest in a warm place, until it doubles in size for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Once risen, gently deflate the dough, divide into 6-7 portions and shape each piece into a round ball. Place the burger buns on a large baking tray lined with baking sheet. Gently push with your hands to flatten them just a little, drizzle with some water and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake the burger buns in a preheated oven at 180C for about 25-30 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside and cooked throughout.
Keywords: burger buns