A delicious traditional Greek Tiropitakia recipe, the perfect little treat for any time of the day! For this Greek feta cheese triangles recipe the feta cheese is crumbled and mixed with two different kind of cheese and then wrapped with phyllo pastry, forming a triangle, brushed with melted butter or olive oil and baked until golden and crispy, to perfection.. Simply delicious!
- 8 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 170g feta cheese, crumbled (6 oz.)
- 50g Gouda cheese, grated (2 oz.)
- 50g Parmesan, or regato or Kefalograviera (2 oz.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- a splash of milk
- 2 tbsp full fat strained yoghurt
- fresh mint or dill, chopped (optional)
- olive oil or melted butter
- freshly ground pepper
- For the beginners at working with phyllo, check the handling tips before starting.
- To prepare the tiropitakia, start by preparing the filling. Crush the feta cheese into a large bowl and add the grated cheese, the egg, a splash of milk, the yoghurt and season with freshly ground pepper. Mix well with a spoon to combine the ingredients. (At this point you can add some chopped fresh herbs if you like; some fresh dill or mint will surely lift the flavour).
- Preheat the oven at 180C and start preparing the tiropitakia.
- Spread one sheet of the phyllo dough on the kitchen counter and with a cooking brush drizzle with some melted butter or olive oil. Spread one more sheet on top and drizzle with some more butter.
- Cut the sheets into three or four lanes (depending on if you like the tiropitakia to be small or larger). At the end of each lane add one tablespoon of the filling. Fold one corner to form a triangle and continue folding the triangle upon itself, until the entire piece of phyllo is used. Continue with the rest phyllo sheets and filling.
- Oil the bottom of a large baking tray, place the tiropitakia and brush them with some melted butter on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve this delicious Greek feta cheese triangles as a great starter with some Greek salad aside.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 93kcal
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 226.4mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 4.5g
Keywords: Tiropitakia, Cheese triangles, Greek feta triangles