A super easy, delicious and fragrant Greek Moustokouloura (Grape must cookies) recipe made in only 35 minutes from scratch!
- 180g granulated sugar (6 oz.)
- 150ml petimezi (grape molasses)
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 60ml olive oil
- 150g water (5 oz.)
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 flat tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking ammonia
- 700–730g soft flour (25-26oz.)
- Preheat the oven to 180οC (360οF).
- To prepare this Greek moustokouloura recipe add in a large bowl the petimezi and water and whisk using a hand whisk.
- Add the vegetable oil, olive oil and honey. Mix thoroughly for about 5 minutes with a hand whisk, until the sugar dissolves.
- In the same bowl add the baking ammonia and baking soda and whisk to dissolve completely.
- In another bowl add the sifted flour, ground cinnamon and ground clove ad mix with a spoon.
- Add the flour mixture into the liquid mixture and mix with a spoon until the mixture is thick and can be handled with your hands. Be careful not to knead the mixture too much, to prevent the oil from separating.
- This moustokouloura recipe make 20-22 cookies depending on the size you make them. So divide the dough to 20-22 pieces.
- Take each piece of the dough and knead into a rope (approx. 10 cm) and join the edges together to form a circle.
- Place the moustokoloura into a baking pan, lined with parchment paper, leaving 2-3cm distance between them.
- Bake the moustokouloura for approx. 15-20 min. Be careful not to overbake them.
- Let them cool on a rack and serve.
Keywords: moustokouloura recipe, grape must cookies