Dakos/ Ntakos is a traditional Greek salad from the island of Crete. Extra virgin olive oil, juicy tomatoes, salty feta cheese combine to form an amazing, full of mediteranean flavors Greek dish!
- 4 large round barley rusks
- 3 large mature tomatoes (pilled and mashed)
- 8 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g feta cheese (5.5 ounces)
- 50g myzithra or ricotta cheese
- 10–15 black olives
- 1–2 tbsps capers
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Moisten the rusks ( paximadia ), with 4 tbsps of water each, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Use a grater to grate the tomatoes, into a colander and leave for 5 minutes to drain.
- Crumble the feta cheese and myzithra (soft cheese) with a fork, or grate it with a grater.
- To put the dish together, spread the grated tomato on the rusks and add the crumbled cheese. Top with the olive oil and capers. Sprinkle with the oregano and drizzle with some extra olive oil.
Keywords: dakos recipe, ntakos salad, cretan dakos, greek rusks