The traditional Greek Avgolemono recipe can be a tricky affair. Not any more! Find out how to make the perfect egg lemon sauce with these 3 easy recipes and expert tips.
- warm stock or broth from your prepared soup. You’ll need about 2-3 cups depending on how thick or runny you like your avgolemono.
- juice from 2–3 lemons
- 2–3 eggs
- To prepare the classic Avgolemono recipe, start by cracking the eggs into a bowl and whisk well.
- Gradually add the lemon juice and whisk again to combine.
- Add a little of the warm stock or soup and whisk quickly, add more and whisk again. The reason for slowly adding the broth is to gradually warm up the eggs so you don’t end up with an omelette instead of a sauce!
- Pour gradually the egg mixture back into the pot, whilst constantly stirring and bring just below boiling point. Remove the pan from the stove and serve.
Keywords: avgolemono sauce, greek lemon sauce, egg lemon sauce