A super easy bread recipe using only four ingredients! As you are using self rising flour and beer for this easy bread recipe, you don’t need to wait for the dough to rise. So more time to enjoy it!
- 500g self-rising flour (17.5 ounces) without added salt. If you’re in the US, the self raising flour most likely contains salt already added to it. If you can’t find any flour without salt, try using plain flour and add 6 flat teaspoons of baking powder to the mix.
- 330ml beer, blonde pale lager such as bottled Heineken (1 1/3 of a cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- To prepare this easy bread recipe, add into a basin all the ingredients and blend with your hands, until the dough becomes an elastic ball. Alternatively, add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix using your hand-mixer with the dough hook attached until the dough is soft and does not crumble. Depending on the kind of flour used, the weather and many other factors, you may not need to use all the flour, or you may need some more. Leave 50g of flour aside and add a little bit at a time, until the dough is firm and not too sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (with both top and bottom heating elements on) or 180C fan. Because in this easy bread recipe you are using self-rising flour and beer it is not necessary to wait for the dough to rise.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board, wet your hands and split it in half. Knead each half with your hands, to form two round loafs.
- Sprinkle the bread loafs with some water and sieve with some flour. You can also sprinkle with some sesame seeds for some extra crunchiness.
- With a sharp knife, score the top of each loaf. Make 3-4 slashes across the top with a few deeper than the others.
- Layer the bottom of a baking tray with some greaseproof paper and place the loafs on top. Bake in the preheated oven at 200C (with both top and bottom heating elements on) or 180C (fan) and bake for 60-70 minutes, until a nicely coloured crust forms and is cooked throughout.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 157kcal
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 84.7mg
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Easy bread recipe, Bread with self rising flour, Bread with beer