My delicious easy chicken recipe with tomato sauce, peppers, olives and pappardelle is a colourful dish, full of Mediterranean flavours that will amaze you! Tender chicken breasts cooked in a flavourful tomato sauce paired with sweet peppers and tangy olives.
Healthy, filling and ready in less than 30 minutes this is the perfect dish for a mid-week dinner! Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some crusty bread and a delicious Greek Salad to dig in all that delicious sauce. Enjoy!
Easy chicken recipe with tomato sauce, peppers, olives and pappardelle!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Greek
Looking for an easy chicken recipe? This delicious and colourful dish, full of Mediterranean flavours will amaze you! Tender chicken breasts cooked in a flavourful tomato sauce paired with sweet peppers and tangy olives. Healthy, filling and ready in less than 30 minutes this is the perfect dish for a mid-week dinner! Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some crusty bread to dig in all that delicious sauce. Enjoy!
- 550–600g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bites (20 ounces)
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 of a cup black olives
- 1/2 a cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 300 grams pappardelle pasta
- To prepare the tomato sauce, heat a large saucepan to medium heat. Pour in half of the olive oil, the onion, peppers and garlic; sauté, whilst stirring, until the onions become translucent. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, the olives and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir (be careful with the salt, as the olives are salty enough). Simmer over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring once in a while, until the sauce thickens. If the sauce becomes too thick, pour in some water.
- In the meantime start cook the chicken breasts. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, pour in the other half of the olive oil and add the chicken pieces. Pan fry the chicken breasts on both sides, until browned.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the chicken pieces in the pan with the tomato sauce. Stir to coat the chicken breasts in the tomato sauce. Cook, with the lid on, over low heat for about 10 minutes. Taste and salt as needed.
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and garnish with some chopped basil. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 586kcal
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 685.4mg
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 94.7g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, greek pasta with chicken
How many chicken breasts are used in this dish, since I’m since not familiar with ‘g’. Also, what are ‘tinned’ tomatoes, and are they added in with the liquid? This recipe sounds very tasty, so I’d like to make it soon. Please respond at your earliest convenience.
I was wondering the same thing. It’s been almost 5 yrs and this still isn’t answered so I guess one must move on to the next recipe or attempt to figure this out. This is the 1st time I’ve seen anyone use grams as a measurement for meat.