Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek pasta salad dish! A delicious twist on the traditional Greek salad recipe, which is known and loved around the world. This Greek pasta salad recipe is so easy to prepare, that it is almost embarrassing to call it a recipe, but trust me it never fails to impress. Whether eaten as a snack, light meal or as a starter to that barbecue grilled souvlaki, that juicy, refreshing-salty taste combination going on here (that’s so good!) will keep you cool during the hot summer days!
Greek pasta salad recipe – A delicious taste of Greece
This refreshing Greek pasta salad recipe is the brightest example of how Greek cuisine takes the simplest ingredients and with literally no effort transforms them into a finger licking dish! So, if you are looking for a twist on your classic pasta salad, go Greek with this sprightly Greek pasta salad recipe and taste all the earthy flavours that characterise Greek cuisine in one dish. For this Greek pasta salad recipe fusilli pasta is tossed with fresh vegetables, feta cheese and black olives. Coated with a light homemade Greek olive oil and lemon dressing and garnished with fresh herbs to create the best Greek pasta salad you have ever tried!
To prepare this Greek pasta salad recipe keep an eye on your ingredients. Find some juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, fresh peppers, creamy Greek feta cheese, good quality extra virgin olive oil and some kalamata black olives and you are basically done! If you have some leftover chicken, try adding some as well and make a whole brand new dish.
So, if you’re looking for a cool and refreshing salad recipe for this summer, give this Greek pasta salad recipe a try and if you are feeling adventurous enough try experimenting with different kind of ingredients, you may have lying around. Enjoy! (For more salad recipe ideas click here >>).
If you are looking for a twist on your classic pasta salad, go Greek with this sprightly Greek pasta salad recipe! Go ahead, taste all the earthy flavours that characterize the Greek cuisine in one simple dish!
- 350g fusilli pasta (13 oz.)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges or 18 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 16 Kalamata olives
- 250g feta cheese, crumbled (8.5 oz.)
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
For the dressing
- 4 and 1/2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare this super easy Greek pasta salad recipe, start by cooking the pasta. Boil the pasta according to package instructions and drain. Set aside to cool down for a while.
- In the meantime prepare your vegetables for the Greek pasta salad. Wash thoroughly and strain the vegetables. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, the cucumber into half moons, slice the pepper and the red onion. Place all the vegetables in a large salad bowl and add the pasta, the olives and feta cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley and mix everything together so that all the wonderful flavours mix.
- To prepare the dressing for the Greek pasta salad add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the Greek pasta salad and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to preference.
- Prepare this Greek pasta salad recipe a few hours before serving to allow the flavours to mingle and develop and it will certainly reward you.
- Divide the Greek pasta salad among individual serving plates and serve cold. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 347kcal
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 707.4mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Cholesterol: 27.8mg
Keywords: Greek pasta salad recipe