A delicious Halloumi salad, packed with Mediterranean flavours! Soft and colorful roasted veggies with crunchy leafy greens and salty Halloumi cheese, coated in an exquisite oil and lemon sauce…
If you haven’t tried Halloumi before, you will be amazed by it’s unique texture and taste. Halloumi is a traditional cheese originating from Cyprus and is made from a combination of sheep’s and goat’s milk. This robust, salty cheese can withstand grilling or frying without losing it’s shape, as it has a really high melting point.
Halloumi and lemon are best friends; so instead of a classic vinaigrette, dress the salad with an oil and lemon sauce with fresh herbs (ladolemono). Enjoy this grilled delicious Halloumi salad while still warm as a great starter or as as a healthy veggie Mediterranean meal.
Other delicious Greek salads
If you love my salad, then you’ll also love my following handpicked recommendations!
- Greek Orzo Salad (Orzo feta salad)
- Delicious Greek Lentil Salad Recipe with Feta cheese (Fakes Salata)
- Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad recipe
- Traditional Greek Salad recipe (Horiatiki / Xoriatiki)
- Greek Pasta Salad recipe
- Potato Salad (Greek Patatosalata)
- Greek chickpea salad
A delicious Halloumi salad recipe, packed with Mediterranean flavours! Soft and colourful roasted vegetables mixed with grilled Halloumi and crunchy leafy greens coated in an exquisite oil and lemon sauce.
For the roasted vegetables
- 2 red peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (skins on)
- olive oil
- thyme, rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper
For the dressing (oil and lemon sauce)
- 1/3 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 of a cup water
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- some fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 200C and prepare the vegetables for the halloumi salad. Halve and deseed the peppers and cut each half into 4 pieces. Cut the red onion into 8 wedges. Halve the zucchinis lengthways and then slice into 2cm chunks. Top and tail the aubergine, cut it in half and slice. Place all the vegetables (and the garlic) in a large baking tray and sprinkle with some fresh thyme and rosemary leaves. Season and drizzle with some olive oil and toss them to coat. Roast the vegetables for about 35 minutes, until golden, soft and cooked through. While the veggies are cooking, get them a good stir every now and again.
- To prepare the dressing for the halloumi salad (oil and lemon sauce/ ladolemono), add into a blender all the ingredients and blend, until combined.
- Place the Halloumi cheese in a hot frying or griddle pan and cook until it turns golden brown, turning half way through cooking (about a minute on each side).
- Assemble the Halloumi salad. Put the leafy greens and the roasted vegetables in a large salad bowl. Pour in the sauce (be careful not to add too much sauce, because the greens will become wilt and no longer crunchy). Toss to coat everything in the dressing; have a taste and add some more seasoning, if needed. Tear the Halloumi into pieces over the salad and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: roasted veg and halloumi salad, grilled halloumi salad