A super healthy, colourful and absolutely delicious Greek chickpea salad made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, feta cheese and a homemade Greek dressing! The perfect side dish for grilled meats or as a light and satisfying vegetarian meal!
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas (2 x 14 oz)
- 200g cherry tomatoes (7 oz)
- 1/2 English cucumber (approx. 160g / 5 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 handfuls Kamalata olives
- 10g fresh dill (1/3 oz)
- 10g fresh mint (1/3 oz)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 150g feta (5 1/4 oz)
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them until the cold tap until the water coming out the bottom runs clean. Set aside to let any excess water drain.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Peel the cucumber and cut into quartered slices. Finely chop the red onion, and quarter the olives, adding the cucumber, onion and olives to the tomato bowl.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs, and add them to the bowl along with the drained chickpeas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar along with a generous pinch of salt and a good amount of black pepper. Pour over the salad and stir until everything is coated in the dressing.
- Crumble in the feta, and fold it into the salad carefully, making sure it is coated in the dressing but that it does not break down too much. Check the seasoning to see if it needs any more salt and pepper, and serve.
Keywords: greek chickpea salad