Sweet caramelised apples, cheese, eggs and minced herby sausages, wrapped around crispy and buttery puff pastry.. These delicious puff pastry parcels are like no other! If you haven’t tried pairing pork with apples before, you will be amazed by this lovely combination.
This puff pastry parcels recipe is best made using green apples, but if you don’t have them available, any other slightly sour apple variety would do.. Enjoy and don’t forget to share with your friends using the buttons above!
The ultimate Christmas puff pastry parcels recipe! Sweet caramelised apples, cheese, eggs and minced herby sausages, wrapped around crispy and buttery puff pastry.. These delicious puff pastry parcels are like no other!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (approx. 800gr)
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 herby country sausages (200-250g/ 7–9 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 150g sweet Graviera cheese or mild Cheddar or Edam (5 ounces)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- To prepare these delicious puff pastry parcels, start first by caramelising the apples. Peel and finely chop (or grate) the apples. Place a saucepan over high heat and melt the butter and sugar; add the apples and sauté, until soft and golden. Set aside to cool for a while.
- Slice the sausages and place in a blender or food processor and blend to mince.
- In a large bowl add the minced sausages, the caramelised apples, cheese, egg and season with pepper. Blend with a wooden spoon or using your hands, until the ingredients combine.
- Layer one sheet of the puff pastry on a working surface and spread the filling making three lanes. Brush the puff pastry with egg yolk and cover with the other sheet of the pastry. Using your hands press a little bit the pasty towards the filling.
- Using a sharp knife cut the pastry in three lanes in parallel with the stuffing and then vertically in three pieces to make 12 rectangular servings. Scar the top with a knife, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Line two large baking trays with parchment paper and place the parcels, leaving some space between them. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 20-25 minutes, until nicely coloured. Enjoy!
Keywords: puff pastry parcels, pork and apple parcels, pastry parcels