Discover this amazing phyllo and feta cheese rolls recipe, perfect as an appetiser or side dish for a hearty family meal! And remember, make a few extra! Your loved ones will be coming back for more!
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 200g feta cheese (7 ounces)
- 100g graviera or kefalotyri, or any hard yellow cheese (3.5 ounces)
- 1 long green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- a pinch of dry oregano
- 120g melted butter (4–5 ounces)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Crush the feta cheese with your hands, into a large bowl and add the grated cheese, the chopped pepper, the egg, the mayonnaise, the oregano and the fresh dill . Mix well with a spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven at 180C and start preparing the rolls.
- Spread one sheet of the phyllo dough on the kitchen counter and with a cooking brush drizzle with some melted butter. Spread one more sheet on top and drizzle with some more butter.
- Cut the sheets into three lanes. At the end of each lane add one tablespoon of the filling.
- Wrap each lane into rolls, by folding the edges inwards.
- Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the phyllo sheets and filling.
- Oil the bottom of a large baking tray, place the rolls and butter them with some melted butter on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes, until golden and crispy. Enjoy!
- You can make as many rolls as you like and store them in the freezer (before baking them).
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 248kcal
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 396.5mg
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 69.3mg
Keywords: phyllo and feta cheese rolls, cheese roll, greek cheese pie