A traditional Greek stuffed peppers with feta cheese recipe! The tanginess of strong, traditional Greek feta cheese combined with the sweetness of Romano peppers make for an extraordinary culinary combination!
- 12–14 red green peppers,long (Romano)
- 100g feta cheese, crushed with a fork (4 ounces)
- 50g kefalotyri or any hard yellow cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 1 small tomato, peeled and seeded
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps of olive oil for the stuffing
- 1 cup of olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 chilli pepper, chopped (optionally)
- In a saucepan with plenty of boiling salted water, add the peppers and leave them for 5 minutes, until softened. Place the peppers on some paper towel to dry and then cut the upper part of the peppers, along with the stalks and seeds (you will need them later).
- Prepare the stuffing. In a food processor, add 2 tbsp’s of olive oil, the garlic and the onion and blend. Add Into a large bowl, along with the chopped parsley, the chopped tomato, the feta cheese, the kefalotyri and mix with with a fork, until the ingredients are combined.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the peppers with the stuffing; spread them in a greased oven tray and use a cooking brush, to coat them with olive oil. Place the stalks back on the peppers, so that the cheese won’t pour out, when melted.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 1/2 hour until the peppers are nicely colored and the cheese starts to melt
Keywords: feta stuffed peppers, stuffed long peppers