An absolutely delicious watermelon feta salad recipe. Watermelon is with no doubt the fruit of the summer and this refreshing combination of juicy, chilled slices of watermelon and salty, creamy feta cheese make for a Greek salad summer favourite!
For the watermelon feta salad
- 1kg watermelon, seedless and cut into chunks (35oz.)
- 250g feta cheese, cut into cubes or crumbled (9 oz.)
- a bunch of mint, leaves only, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g Kalamata olives, pitted (4 oz.)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (optional)
For the dressing
- 1/4 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare this watermelon feta salad recipe start by removing the rind and seeds from the watermelon, and cut into triangular chunks. Cut the feta cheese into small cubes, or bigger if you prefer, and place both into a large bowl. Slice the onions into paper-thin slices and place in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, add the chopped mint leaves and the kalamata olives and set aside. (If you choose to prepare this watermelon feta salad recipe using cucumber too, then peel and slice the cucumber into half-moons and place in the bowl with rest of the ingredients).
- Prepare the dressing for the watermelon feta salad. In a small bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice and brown sugar and season. Whisk the ingredients to combine, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon feta salad and toss to coat.
- Divide the watermelon feta salad among individual serving plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: Greek watermelon salad, watermelon feta salad recipe