The traditional Greek salad recipe; healthy, simple and absolutely delicious! Find out how to make this Horiatiki (Xoriatiki) salad the traditional Greek way with this authentic recipe.
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, pilled and sliced into thick half-moons
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 16 black olives
- 200g block feta cheese (7 ounces)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt
- As said before, the secret to make a delicious Greek salad is in the ingredients: juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, creamy feta cheese, good quality extra virgin olive oil and some tangy black olives will really make a difference.
- To make this Greek salad recipe (Horiatiki), start by preparing your vegetables. Wash thoroughly and strain the vegetables. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, slice the onion into thin rings, cut the cucumber in thick slices and place everything in a large bowl. Don’t forget to add the olives as well.
- Season with salt and pour over the extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Toss everything together, so that the flavours mix. Be careful not to add too much salt, as the feta cheese and the olives are salty enough.
- Greek salad (Horiatiki) is always served with feta cheese on top, a drizzle of olive oil and dried oregano. Enjoy your delicious Greek salad as a side dish or as a light summer meal with lots of crusty bread aside!
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 206kcal
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 399.6mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 29.7mg
Keywords: Traditional Greek Salad recipe, Horiatiki salad