Simplicity is perfection! Ready in only 20 minutes, a delicious veggie pasta dish with aubergines and feta cheese, perfect for a light meal!
A delicious vegetarian 20 minute pasta recipe, perfect for a light summery meal! Eggplant and feta cheese in tomato based sauce full of mediterannean flavours.
- 2 (250g/ 9 ounces) medium sized eggplants (elongated, oval-shaped)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped in small cubes
- 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, whole
- 2 tbsps fresh basil or mint, chopped
- 150–200g feta cheese, crumbled (6–7 ounces)
- a pinch of sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250g tagliatelle (9 ounces)
- Preheat the oven at 250C. Chop the eggplants into cubes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the onions and the tomatoes. Place a large saucepan at medium-high heat, add 5 tbsps of olive oil and sauté the onions and the garlic, for 3 minutes, until soft. As soon as the onions are lightly colored, add 1 tsp of sugar and caramelize. Add the tomato paste and stir well. Turn the heat up and add the chopped tomatoes; cook for 5-6 minutes, with the lid on. At the end, remove the whole clove of garlic, add the baked eggplants and the herbs and season well with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta, according to package instructions. Without draining the pasta, remove the pasta from the water, using a large fork and add them into the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and stir well. Serve on a big platter, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and top with some crumbled feta.
Keywords: aubergine feta pasta, eggplant and feta pasta, eggplant tagliatelle